Today’s Epicurean Horoscope: Jason Kuller
Maastricht’s marijuana selling coffee shops will ban most foreigners under the belief that they bring an unwanted element into the shops, as foreigners, why don’t we just stick to dutch cocoa cookies and chocolate?
Dutch Cocoa Cookies:
1/2 Cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 cup DUTCH PROCESSED COCOA POWDER
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or chunked white chocolate
Chocolate Cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Sift, together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt and then add to the butter and egg mixture. Mix just until incorporated. Fold in the the chocolate chips.
Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
Bake 8 -10 minutesor until the the cookies are still soft in the center but are firm around the edges. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 24 – 3 inch round cookies.
Courtesy Joy of Cooking
You may be sitting on a pincushion so make sure you don’t get stuck. Don’t be surprised if conflict leads to resolution.
Today’s Epicurean Horoscope:
Texas Murderer Duane Buck spared execution; why not make spare ribs?
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fajita seasoning (such as Fiesta®)
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 2 racks pork spareribs, fat trimmed
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
SPARE RIBS Directions
- Mix the brown sugar, fajita seasoning, and paprika in a bowl. Rub both sides of the pork spareribs with the brown sugar mixture. Place the spareribs in a 9×13-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Whisk together the beer, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a bowl. Set aside.
- Take 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and lay them shiny-side down. Place a rack of spareribs on each sheet, meaty-side up. Tear off 2 more sheets of foil and place them on top of the ribs, shiny-side up. Begin tightly folding the edges of the foil together to create a sealed packet. Just before sealing completely, divide the beer mixture evenly into each packet. Complete the seal. Place the packets side-by-side on an 11×14-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the ribs are very tender, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Carefully open each packet, and drain the drippings into a saucepan. You may only need the drippings from one packet. Set ribs aside. Simmer the drippings over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Brush the thickened sauce over the ribs.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place the ribs back into the oven and broil until the sauce is lightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
09-16-11 Jason Kuller Julianne Polivka Today’s News
You might be in the mood to do something completely different again.
In the News Today Al Quaeda terror threat looking more like a “goose chase”
Why not cook a goose?
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds cubed goose breast
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; add goose. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place flour in another large resealable plastic bag; add goose in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown goose in butter on all sides.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the soup, water and soup mix. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles or rice. 4 servings.
If you have a solid emotional base in your life, you will receive the benefits of that. If not, this is a good time to begin making connections with people and also to discover what gives real emotional nourishment and fulfillment.
Jason Kuller, Julianne Polivka
Venturing into something new and completely different may make you feel good, but I wouldn’t suggest it.
Dont act impulsively today, read your horoscope first.
Read the fine print more than once, this will suit you just fine.
There are opportunities for achievement if you can learn to trust yourself and know who else to trust.