In the News Today Al Quaeda terror threat looking more like a “goose chase”
Why not cook a goose?
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds cubed goose breast
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; add goose. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place flour in another large resealable plastic bag; add goose in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown goose in butter on all sides.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the soup, water and soup mix. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles or rice. 4 servings.